CHEPS brings together students from various backgrounds to become part of teams that collectively work to solve real-world problems in healthcare. We hire students of all degree levels and majors which include but are not limited to: engineering, computer science, pre-med, nursing, public health, and informatics.
Engineering students may:
- build models
- write code
- analyze data
- spend time observing in an emergency department
- work with doctors
- see a healthcare system from the inside
Nursing, Medical, Pre-Med, and Public Health Students may:
- interview patients
- help the team understand and capture the real-world components of the problem
- learn systems engineering as it applies to healthcare
- develop additional technical skills
No matter who you are, you’re going to be doing things you’re good at but you’ll also learn new things and step outside of your comfort zone. And you’ll get the chance to work with some wonderful people! Visit our project page for examples of the types of projects students at CHEPS have the opportunity to work on.
Hiring Timeline: CHEPS hires based on a semester cycle. New employees start at the beginning of the term.
- For a Fall Term Start: Priority given to students who apply between June 15th and July 15th.
- For a Winter Term Start: Priority given to students who apply between October 1st and October 31st.
- For a Spring/Summer Term Start: Priority given to students who apply between February 15th and March 15th.
Hours: 8-10 hours per week during the school year, 30-40 hours per week during the summer
Work Location: CHEPS (SI North, North Campus)
Duration: Preference is given to students who can commit to more than one semester of work with CHEPS
Compensation: Dependent on level of skill and experience